NextEra Energy Resources offers renewable-energy products certified by the Center for Resource Solutions.
- Green-e Energy certification - NextEra Energy Resources offers 100 percent Green-e Certified Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). Green-e is the nation's leading independent certification and verification program for renewable energy. It is a voluntary consumer-protection program that verifies superior, certified renewable-energy options offered by utilities and marketers in the retail market.
Renewable Energy Certificates
Renewable Energy Certificates, or RECs, represent the full contractual rights to the "green attributes" of renewable-energy generation. RECs:
- Represent proof that one megawatt-hour of electricity was generated from an eligible renewable resource
- Are transferable, renewable attributes
- Are separate from the actual electricity produced
- Can never be sold twice (or used for more than one REC claim)
- See NextEra Energy Resources RECs for more information