Map is representative of project location, but is not to scale and the icon does not indicate actual project boundaries.
NIYOL WIND PROJECT
200 Megawatts of Clean Energy in Logan County and Northeastern Colorado
Since 2003, NextEra Energy Resources' subsidiaries have been helping fuel the state’s economic growth and quality of life and moving our country toward energy independence. To date, we have invested more than $2.7 billion in Colorado, including eight operational wind energy centers and four operational solar projects.
The Niyol Wind Project features:
- 74 GE wind turbines capable of generating approximately 206 megawatts (MW) of clean, renewable energy.
- Construction in February 2021:
- Feb. 1, 2021 – break ground on laydown yards and transmission line
- Feb. 22, 2021 – first material deliveries begin
- March 22, 2021 – wind farm construction begins
- June – Sept. 2021 – wind turbine deliveries
- Oct. 2021 – construction expected to be complete
Bringing Economic Opportunities
Wind farms are compatible with agriculture and are fast becoming an important component of farm viability in Colorado and many other areas across the country. They can also generate significant economic benefits for the communities that host them.
*Estimated over first 30 years of the project. All figures are estimated and subject to change.