Map is representative of project location but is not to scale and the icon does not indicate actual project boundaries.
SKELETON CREEK WIND
250 Megawatts of Wind Energy in Major, Alfalfa and Garfield Counties, Oklahoma
Since 2003, NextEra Energy Resources' subsidiaries have been helping fuel the state’s economic growth and quality of life and moving our country toward energy independence. To date, we have invested more than $5 billion in Oklahoma, including 15 operational wind energy centers.
Skeleton Creek Wind:
- 90 GE wind turbines capable of generating up to 250 megawatts (MW) of clean, renewable energy.
- Began operations in December 2020.
SKELETON CREEK SOLAR & STORAGE
250 Megawatts of Solar Energy and 200 Megawatts of Battery Storage in Major, Alfalfa and Garfield Counties, Oklahoma
Skeleton Creek Solar and Storage features:
- Photovoltaic (PV) solar arrays capable of generating up to 250 megawatts (MW) of clean, renewable energy.
- A 200 megawatt (MW), 4-hour battery energy storage system.
- The project encompasses approximately 2,500 acres.
- Subject to local and state approvals, the project is scheduled to begin operations as early as 2023.
Bringing Economic Opportunities
Renewable energy projects can also generate significant economic benefits for the communities that host them.
*Estimated over first 30 years of the project. All figures are estimated and subject to change.