Early in an emergency, school children may be moved to host facilities outside the Emergency Planning Zone. Public and private schools and licensed daycares in the 10-mile Emergency Planning Zone have emergency plans in place to ensure the safety of children. Children will be cared for, fed and housed at the host facility until a parent or guardian can safely pick them up. Please check with your school to learn more about their emergency plans.
- If your child’s school is relocated, DO NOT attempt to pick them up at their normal school. This causes traffic congestion, security risks and impedes the ability of authorities to move children to safety. Pick up your child at the designated host facility.
- Do not phone the school as the phone lines are needed for emergency use.
- Local radio stations will announce when and where school children may be picked up.
- Parents and guardians can pick up children at the host facilities.
Roncalli and Lutheran High Schools
Students attending these Manitowoc schools who live in the 10-mile Emergency Planning Zone will remain at their respective school until plans can be made with their parents or guardians.
Transported to Valders Schools
138 Wilson Street
Valders, WI, 54245
Two Rivers schools/daycares
Transported to University of Wisconsin — Green Bay
Manitowoc Campus, 705 Viebahn Street
Manitowoc, WI, 54220
Students/children attending the following Kewaunee schools who live in the 10-mile Emergency Planning Zone will remain at their respective school until plans can be made with their parents or guardians:
- Kewaunee High School
- Lakeshore Alternative High School
- Kewaunee Holy Rosary School and Childcare
- Kewaunee Elementary School
- Kewaunee Middle School
- Chatter Box Day Care
- Kewaunee Day Care